1.Contract is formed between The Ethical IT Company and the Customer at point of dispatch
2. Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an e-mail from us with confirmation together with a tracking number (if applicable). If you do not receive this e-mail within 5 working days of us receiving your cleared funds, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We will only deliver to addresses with a UK Postcode. Under no circumstances will we deliver outside of the UK.
4. Orders will be dispatched within 5 working days (Monday to Friday) of receipt of cleared funds, although we endevour to deliver sooner. We will notify you of any delays.
5. Please allow up to 10 days for a cheque to clear
6. Where payment is by credit or debit card we will only deliver to the registered cardholders address.
7. Goods may be collected from our Bath address by appointment during office hours (10am – 5.30pm) Monday – Friday.
8. If you suspect that your package has been damaged in transit you should reject the goods or sign for the goods as damaged.
9. We cannot be held responsible for failed deliveries where:
a. You are not available to receive the delivery
b. Courier companies cannot find your address
c. Adverse weather/traffic conditions prevent delivery
10.Claims of goods damaged in transit must be noted at the time of the delivery to the delivery person/signing sheet, and notified to The EIT Co. immediately after delivery by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
11. We accept payment by Cheque, Bank Transfer and PayPal. Due to the fees charged by Paypal, a 3% surcharge will be added at the Checkout for this payment method. Payment must be received before any shipment leaves the warehouse. Bank Transfers can take up to 3 days to appear in our account. Cheques are accepted but can take up to 10 days to clear. Cleared funds are required without exception prior to any goods being dispatched.
12. We reserve the right to take payments for the funds prior to shipping of goods; however we will endeavour to take payment as close to this time as possible.
13. All payments are made inclusive of VAT, we are not able to charge excluding VAT prices.
14. All refunds are subject to delay based on your card issuer’s processes; we cannot expedite the time taken for funds to appear on your card.
15. We can only make refunds for unwanted/damaged/faulty items once the item has been received into our warehouse.
Right to Cancel/Returns
16. All cancellations must be in writing/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. When to cancel:
a. Consumer customers: you have the right to cancel your order – this period ends on the expiry of the period of seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which you received the goods, you are responsible for the cost of returning any items
b. Business customers: once you have accepted/signed for your delivery you are no longer able to cancel your order
18. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason; in this event you will be contacted via email and where funds have been taken they will be refunded immediately.
19. Goods purchased for personal use:
a. You have the right to change your mind within seven working days of receipt of your order as in accordance with the Distance Selling Act 2000 providing you notify us in writing. If you wish to change your mind and return your goods you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods.
b. Refunds will be completed within 30 calendar days, however all refunds are completed as quickly as possible.
c.The customer must return all items, accessories, cables and/or manuals that were provided.
d. The EIT Co. reserve the right at any stage during the order process to cancel and refund an order in full, without explanation
20. Refunds will only be made back to the card/payment method originally used.
21. All products and accessories must be returned as sent.
22. Many of the photographs used are library images and we are therefore not responsible for any colour variances or style updates.
23. Retail product images do not guarantee brand new/retail products.
24. The specifications as advertised in product descriptions are as accurate as possible and every effort is made to ensure that information is correct; we will make every effort to ensure that any mistakes are rectified.
25. You are wholly responsible for deciding on the suitability of the goods offered and by placing your order you are acknowledging the goods as being suitable.
Warranty, Returns & Technical Support
26. If upon receipt of your item(s) you believe there is a fault, in the first instance please contact us immediately.
27. All our equipment is covered by a 12 Month Return to Base (RTB) Warranty. The customer is responsible for all return carriage.
28. Laptop batteries are not covered by any warranty, although we do offer a 24 hour Dead on Arrival (DOA) guarentee.
29. For Technical Support issues please also follow instructions as above.
30. If you have an item covered by a The EIT Co. warranty then we are unable to accept the return of goods without prior authorisation. Upon authorisation, we will e-mail you with instructions for the return of goods.
31. Item(s) returned without prior authorisation may be refused upon delivery.
32. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure any item(s) authorised for return are sufficiently packaged. Where delivery back to The EIT Co is the responsibility of the buyer, we strongly recommend adequate insurance is in place.